The Sunshine Coast Art Crawl — on October 21-22-23, 2016 — is organized by Coast Cultural Alliance, a non-profit arts, culture & heritage society. You can contact this organization at www.suncoastarts.com
This interactive map was created by Gary Little, a real estate agent with Royal LePage Sussex on the Sunshine Coast. You can contact him at 604-741-5347
. Also try his interactive map of real estate for sale at map.garylittle.ca
To add the map as a web clip to the Home screen on an Apple iOS device (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), tap
in the browser toolbar, then tap Add to Home Screen
. On the next screen that appears, edit the web clip name (if desired) then tap Add
to add the icon for the map to your Home screen. Doing this allows you to run the map in the same way as any application: by tapping its icon on the Home screen. When run like this, browser toolbars no longer appear so the map will occupy more of the screen and will be easier to use.
Similar techniques for adding the map to the home screen are also available on Android and BlackBerry devices.
Paper Maps. An eye-catching colour brochure which includes a printed map is also available. You can get a copy at any studio or gallery on the crawl or at any of the three Sunshine Coast Credit Union branch offices (in Gibsons, Sechelt, and Madeira Park).
- Zooming. Use the zoom control in the lower right corner of the map to zoom the map in and out. You can also zoom in by double-clicking the map — this will also centre the map around the location you double-clicked. If you are using an iOS or Android device, you can also zoom in and out using standard pinching gestures.
- Panning. View neighbouring areas by dragging the map.
To centre the map around your present location, click the location control on the right side of the map. Your location is indicated by a blue dot at the centre of a blue circle. The size of the circle reflects the precision of the determined location. As you move around, the position of the blue dot will change accordingly; click the location control once again to re-centre the map around your new location.
- Changing Map Type. Switch between a standard street map view and a satellite using the pair of buttons in the top left corner of the map.
- Quick Summary. To quickly see basic information about a studio identified by a marker, click the studio's marker on the map and the information will appear in a yellow summary box below the marker. To hide the box, click the close box in the top right corner of the summary box or click in any area of the map outside of the summary box.
- Studio Detail. To see detailed information about a studio, click the Show Detail button (or the picture) in the studio's summary box. The information that appears replaces the map on the screen; click the Map button at the top of the page, or the Show on Map button in the body of the studio description, to show the map once again.
- Studio List. To view a list of the studios shown on the map, click the List button above the map. Click the Map button at the top of the list page to show the map once again. Click the name of a studio in the list to display detailed information about the studio or click the Show on Map button to show the map with the studio at the centre.